Do you employ skilled people in your business? If so, your views will be a valuable part of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC) review.
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is reviewing the structure and membership of Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) and wants input from employers, employees and their representatives.
What is an Industry Reference Committee?
IRCs are made up of people with experience, skills and knowledge of their particular industry sector. Each IRC, supported by their skills service organisation, consults broadly across their industry to better understand the challenges and opportunities facing employers like you.
They help to ensure the occupational skills standards set out in training packages meet your needs now and into the future.
IRCs and the AISC
IRCs drive training package development and provide advice directly to the AISC about the skills and knowledge that should make up a nationally recognised qualification.
The AISC is focused on:
• simplifying the vocational education and training (VET) system
• making sure industry’s voice is heard, and
• building employer’s confidence in VET qualifications.
The AISC is reviewing the structure and membership of IRCs to ensure they provide the right industry coverage and expertise to support training package development for that industry sector.
Having the right people on your IRC will ensure that you can have your say about the skills the future workforce in your industry sector will have.
You’re invited to be a part of the IRC review by:
- commenting on the proposed new structure of each IRC, and/or
- nominating to become a member of the IRC for your industry.
As part of the IRC review, a proposed structure for each IRC will be published on the AISC website for your comment. Following the consultation period, nominations will be called for membership of the IRC.
Find out more:
- Register with AISC to find out when your industry’s IRC will be reviewed. You can also provide comments or nominate for IRC membership.
- Visit the IRC Review page on the AISC website.