With the Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda looking to tackle the changes needed to fuel an innovative nation, Australia’s management practices have again come under the spotlight.
Ai Group has long drawn attention to Australia’s broad challenge to lift its enterprise leadership capability in order to enhance productivity, innovation and sustainability. In our statement released last June, Addressing Enterprise Leadership in Australia, we highlighted Australia’s falling ranking in leadership and management practices over recent years and identified barriers and necessary actions.
Now, after a year-long project funded by the Victorian Department of Education’s Manufacturing Skills and Training Taskforce, we’ve produced a Guide to implementing innovative management development in the manufacturing sector.
The project implemented an innovative approach to the development of emerging/frontline managers. Three components were integral to the success of the pilot program and are key principles that could be adopted by more employers, in other programs, and working with other RTOs. These are:
- developing management skills within an industry context, and solving workplace-related issues;
- bringing together a group of participants from locally-based companies in order to develop networks of first line managers across companies; and
- facilitating the learning via innovative methodology supported through a partnership with an education provider to deliver a qualification, but driven by the needs of individuals and their companies.
Please contact Anne Younger, Ai Group’s General Manager, Education and Training (Tel: 03 9867 0172) to discuss the Project, the Guide, or the involvement of your company in similar innovative management development.
Latest posts by Anne Younger (see all)
- New manufacturing report: Innes Willox highlights training as a critical factor - 21 May, 2021
- What are the 25 emerging occupations in Australia? - 2 September, 2020
- Graduate researcher value in COVID-19 industry settings - 9 July, 2020